Tuesday 4 May 2010

E.L.F polish - Dark Navy

I have another swatch for you, once again, forgive the short nails!

This polish is from the E.L.F range and is really cheap. However, I think it shows, it applies okay in two coats, but it just doesn't look as nice as say China Glaze, or even Barry M polishes. It seems thin and as a result, it is hard to get the edges crisp and it shows any ridges in your nail and just generally looks just passable. Looks nice in the bottle but kind of flat on the nail.

I bought a few of them and I don't think I will be ordering any more. There are just too many good polishes out there to bother with these. Barry M do an amazing range at really cheap prices, not as cheap as these, but they are far better quality.



5 comments:

jaljen said...

I agree. That's very so-so. Mind you, I haven't yet found a really interesting dark blue. I've ordered Barry M Navy though and the pix on nailgal make it look good so fingers crossed...http://nailpolishuk.blogspot.com/

Polish and Powder said...

Ooh I have that one too, though I haven't tried it yet. I may cave and get CG Midnight Ride, that is a nice navy too......

Taki J said...

How do these compare to Wet N' Wild polishes?

Polish and Powder said...

@Taki: I don't have any W&W, sorry. Its not a brand we see much here in the UK. I wish I could help, but I just don't know. The ELF polishes I have tried seems pretty bad to me, very cheap formula.

FitterTwit said...

ooooo super dark! I love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails