My hair is fine, long and I get blonde highlights done two-three times a year. This combination means my hair is very prone to tangling. It is worst when my hair is wet or when I wear coats as the collar tends to cause bad tangles along the nape of my neck, painful to get out usually, as well as damaging my hair.
So, does Tangle Teezer work? Read on.......
Here is the info taken from the Tangle Teezer web site:
• Tangle Teezer is excellent for detangling both wet and dry hair.
• Don’t be tentative! Fantastic, painless detangling is achieved by using a firmer pressure. Remember: it’s like no other brush.
• It’s a workout for your hair. Tangle Teezer gives a blissful, relaxing head massage even for the most sensitive scalps.
• Unlike conventional brushes and combs where you have to try and ease tangles out starting from the ends of the hair and working up towards the roots, Tangle Teezer can be used from roots to ends and mid-length to ends. Tangle Teezer is perfect for those on-the-go with busy lifestyles and fidgety children! Mums have also discovered that Tangle Teezer is a brush sent from hair heaven when it comes to detangling their little darlings’ hair that loves to knot. Hair is calmed in minutes where out go the tears and in come the smiles!
• Detangle hair by using brush strokes from the underneath of the hair with the teeth pointing upwards. Alternatively, brush from the top of the hair pointing the teeth downwards. For those with long hair, turn your head upside down and start detangling from the nape of your neck down to the roots. Ideal for taking conditioner evenly through the hair when wet. Tangle Teezer ensures a light and even distribution of product which adds up to weightless blow-drying. For professional results and to ensure maximum root lift from blow-drying apply conditioner from mid-length to the ends – not from the roots. Tangle Teezer will distribute a fine film of conditioner at the roots which ensures no product overload that leads to flat hair.
• Tangle Teezer is a must-have for hair extension wearers. Tangle Teezer will simply glide though the hair from roots to end, passing painlessly over the bonds without pulling. For those with hair extensions you will find less hair is pulled out and your style will last longer and look better. After three months your hair extensions will continue to look like new rather than pieces of twisted and frayed rope!
• Gives superb results for the daily and on-going maintenance of wigs, wefts, weaves and clip in hair pieces. Tangle Teezer leaves them looking and feeling just like new.
• Excellent results are achieved on even the tightest curls and afro hair.
• Daily brushing refreshes hair for a sleek style and helps to smooth the cuticle for increased shine. While on the go, Tangle Teezer is the ultimate styling tool to give your hair a professional finish all day long.
• To funk up short styles, apply your styling product to the hair and use Tangle Teezer to shape and mould. Great for guys too!
• Tangle Teezer minimises hair breakage, so over a period of time you will notice your hair feels thicker and looks healthier. A results driven brush, the minute you start using Tangle Teezer the sooner you are on the road to beautiful hair. It sounds crazy, but it’s true!
The Tangle Teezer comes in a clear plastic box which contains a detailed guide on the product.
It is made from moulded plastic, it is a similar shape to a horse curry comb, curved to fit your palm, with a flat base.
It has a sparse set of plastic, flexible bristles, one longer and one shorter, equally spaced wide apart.
It is very light to hold, I personally would have preferred it to have a bit more weight, as the hollow plastic just felt kind of cheap to me, and this is not a cheap product at £9.99......it just feels cheap, sorry.
Mine is a day-glo pink colour, though I think you can buy other colours from Tangle Teezer themselves, my Boots only had the original version in this pink.
Anyway, it does indeed work, it goes through your hair evenly and seem to melt through tangles, leaving your hair sleek and soft, very impressed. Equally good on wet or dry hair, and they say it can be used for hair extensions too.
Do I recommend it?
Yes, it really does work and my hair feels as though I am treating it with kindness and care. I do feel it is over-priced though, as it does feel a bit lightweight and cheap.
Available in the UK at Boots stores for £9.99 for the original and around £11.99 for the compact version. You can also buy direct from Tangle Teezer.