Thursday 14 January 2010

Barry M polish - Chocolate Brown (np129)

I bought this a few weeks ago when Superdrug was doing 3 for 2 on all cosmetics, I actually bought six Barry M polishes and 3 Gosh ones !



I only got around to trying this one out the other day. I love Barry M, they do great cosmetics at really great prices. I adore their Dazzle Dust eye-shadows and the nail polishes especially, and have quite a few of the polishes in my collection.
The nail polishes are amazing for the money (around £2.95), they are so pigmented and go on like a dream. Some of the paler creme ones can be a little streaky on the first coat but are great with a second.
This particular colour is a creme and applied with no problems, I applied this in one thickish coat it was that pigmented. I could get away with one, as I intended to konad over the top. I would think two thinner coats would give a better result but it is seriously good stuff! It dries fairly quickly and has a mid-gloss finish. The colour is a rich, milk chocolate shade, appearing very slighty richer than in the bottle.
I highly recommend hunting these polishes out, they are cheap and great quality, the ones I have tried so far have lasted pretty well, usually 4-5 days of wear. They can be found on the Barry M website and at Boots and Superdrug in the UK.

I have only bought from Boots or Superdrug and haven't used the Barry M website, so I don't know if they ship abroad or what their service is like, but I'm sure their will be reviews online if you hunt on Google.......be aware the swatches on the website are slightly off, my polishes all appear a richer shade than on their site.

I will be posting the 'blog matching' Konad mani I did using this as a base, later on today. So check back later.........

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This polish really looks like milk chocolate on your nails. Yum!

Polish and Powder said...

LOL It was all I could do to not drink the bottle ;o)

nihrida said...

Before I became NP junkie, I would never even consider wearing brown nail polish. But this one is soooo cute. You know what would be awesome? If you did a mani inspired by this blog's background. A little pink and the right pattern. Voila! =)

Polish and Powder said...

Great minds think alike lol That is exactly what I did as soon as I finished photographing the polish ! The konad will be on here in a few days......looks really cute !

Paige said...

That polish looks great on you!

Polish and Powder said...

Gildedangel: thank you!

Nihrida: keep an eye out, I have decided to post the konad using this and my blog background as inspiration, will be on later today......makes more sense to post them together.

Related Posts with Thumbnails