Tuesday 11 May 2010

Polish Comparison request for Abbzzw - Barry M Mint Green/Collection 2000 Button Moon

Okay, a little post to update yesterdays one.

In the comments yesterday I had one from Abbzzw, thinking that Collection 20000 Button Moon was the same as Barry M Mint Green. I think they are quite different, so I offered to compare them for her and post it here......

As you will see Barry M Mint Green is just that, a mint green creme, Collection 2000 Button Moon is actually more of a baby blue, though it does have green in there, it is I guess more of an aqua than mint or blue........

bottles, indoor, flash


bottles indoor, no flash


indoor with flash


outdoors, sunlight (bit washed out)

All the swatches show two coats of each colour. Barry M applied the nicest, but Collection 2000 was slightly more opaque, but more chalky, both looked fine with two coats.

indoors, flash



Well, Abbzzw, I hope this gives you a better idea of how they look and that they are not really as close as you thought, you can get both! Hooray!!!!
If you get them from Boots or Superdrug, then you can always compare them in store, then you can see the difference clearly, though Button Moon applies a little more blue on the nail than in the bottle.
I hope this post has been on some help to you.

5 comments:

jaljen said...

Very useful post. I am getting quite a stash of Barry M as they go on so well and the colours are good. I have Navy on at the mo.
The Hot Looks collection doesn't look bad but it isn't anywhere near top of my list yet. There are still lots of Barry M to buy and there's a 30% discount if you're in the M Club or whatever they call it.
www.nailpolishuk.blogspot.com

Polish and Powder said...

really, I didn't even know they had a club! LOL I just grab mine from Boots usually. Will take a look, thank you.....I love Barry M polish's always nice application.

abbzzw said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
abbzzw said...

wow that's pretty different huh. okay i believe you now ;) will be buying the button moon one, it looks just the right amount of blue i'm looking for :)

thanks for the post lovely :):) xx

Polish and Powder said...

You are welcome sweetie, any time I can help :O)

Related Posts with Thumbnails